4oz/100g crab meat
pinch of paprika
salt and pepper
quarter pint/125ml milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F, Gas mark 6, 200C
2. Butter a 7 inch/18cm souffle dish
3. Seperate the eggs
4. Melt the butter in a small pan, stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the milk, bring to the boil while stirring, then simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Let the sauce cool slightly, flake the crab meat and mix into the sauce with paprika.
7. Beat the egg yokes then into a sauce.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Whisk up the egg whites until stiff then fold into the yoke mixture.
10. Put the mixture in the prepared souffle dish and cook in the center of the pre-heated oven for 35 minutes, or until well risen and golden.
11. Serve straight from the oven.